Monday, December 12, 2011

Where Venison Comes From

Yesterday, after church, I saw my first real, up-close, hunted-not-roadkill deer.  A buck. 
It really wasn't that bad.  I thought I would be kind of grossed out (I always HATED dissections in school), but it was already gutted when I got there, and honestly, it looked A LOT less gruesome than most other dead deer I have seen from the safety of a moving vehicle.
It was killed with an arrow, which, to me somehow seems more humane than a gun.  I know that doesn't really make sense, since guns are probably more likely to hit their mark and result in a quick, painless death, but a bow and arrow seems to level the playing field a little bit.  But maybe that's just me.
As for today, my goal was to finish the second chapter of this book I'm writing. And I failed. I managed to crank out around 1000 words and then I got the sudden inspiration to make Ricotta Cookies (pretty sure I ate more dough than I baked...) and then when that was done, it was time to make dinner!  Chicken Marsala over noodles with peas and acorn squash.  MMMMMmmmmm. Take that, dorm food!

 Four mile run too!  Was I avoiding writing because that was what I was supposed to do?  No....Okay, yes.  But I know I will succeed in tomorrow's task--CHRISTMAS SHOPPING. And make it snow...still no sign of the white stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment