Friday, December 9, 2011

Two Weeks in...The Snow Belt?

While all of my friends from college travel less than an hour to go home for the holidays, I must traverse through Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, all the way to the northeast corner of Ohio--a 4 1/2 hour trek with good traffic.  My parents moved here when I graduated from high school--meaning that I do not have much of a social life here.  Not that I don't enjoy the holidays in the "snow belt"--that area of the Midwest that gets plundered with lake-effect snow from November to April.   I love the crisp, white snow that makes the world look like a candy forest, the candlelit midnight church service on Christmas Eve--"magical" perfectly describes the winter atmosphere here.
A look at last year's winter...
But what to do when one tires of looking at this pretty sight?  Why not make a blog to record my (I hope) creative answers to this question.  Well, after that brief intro, I think its about time I give you a small sample of the magic and get to brainstorming what I will do tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment