Saturday, December 10, 2011

BBQ is the BEST Boredom Killer

I hate to admit it, but the most exciting thing I did over the past two days is eat. A lot. And, yes, you have to hear about it (whoever "you" are...). Don't judge. College food is mediocre at best, and the difference is outstanding.
12/9: Dinner: Spaetzle ( DELICIOUS, homemade German noodles) with pork medallions smothered in a peppercorn gravy with mashed butternut squash and snickerdoodles for dessert.
12/10: Breakfast: Chocolate chip and cinnamon sugar crepes with my dad's super-strong coffee.
Lunch/Dinner: Pulled pork sandwich with sweet & tangy bbq and maple mustard sauce, mac'n'cheese with paprika, pork and beans, and jalapeno cornbread--all from this AMAZING barbeque joint in Ashtabula Harbor:  http://www.briquettessmokehouse.com/Briquettes-Home.html.  It used to be this meat market, and still has an antique tin ceiling, this retro tile floor, and these old-fashioned freezer doors--not to mention the best barbeque in the world. YUM.
My cat has been glued to my side since I've been home :)
What else did I do?  Watched lots of netflix, worked out, knitted, made a bracelet, and cuddled with my kitty--but hey, I deserve at least one day to recover from the craziness of college, right?  Right.  Keeping myself busy starts: TOMORROW.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment